Building an Enterprise Application with ASP.NET Core MVC
For those with basic knowledge of C#, this course will use a project-based approach to teach ASP.NET Core full-stack web application development, Using the latest .net core SDK as of the time of production.
".NET Core is an open-source, general-purpose development platform maintained by Microsoft and the .NET community on GitHub. It's cross-platform (supporting Windows, macOS, and Linux) and can be used to build device, cloud, and IoT applications." - Microsoft.
In this course, we will be developing a web-based, modular Enterprise Payroll Software using the popular ASP.NET Core Framework. We will use a multi-layered architecture and it will be hosted on Azure Cloud.
Project Technology Stack & Tools used
- C# Programming language
- .NET Core 2.2 SDK
- Entity Framework Core 2.2.0
- Visual Studio 2019
- Bootstrap 4
- SQL Server, Server Management Studio
- GIT Version Control System (VCS), Version 2.22.0
- RotativaCore (NuGet Library for PDF)
- Cmder (Console Emulator for Windows)
- Azure Cloud Portal
- C# Programming basics.
- Html & CSS fundamentals.
What will I learn ?
- Implement multi-layered architecture and their dependencies on each other.
- Using .net core Class Libraries.
- Implementing several business logic.
- Creating Interfaces and their Implementations.
- Creating Controllers, Injecting Interfaces in Controllers.
- Receiving data from request to Controllers.
- Registering a Service for Dependency Injection (DI).
- Passing data from Controllers to View.
- Tracking changes in project files using GIT.
- Passing data collection using ViewBag object.
- Creating Action Methods, Action Methods with Parameter.
- Create Entity Data Model.
- Query Entity Data Models using LINQ - Inserting, Updating, Retrieving, Filtering, Ordering etc....
- Using ViewModels, access a ViewModel object.
- User Input Data Validation.
- Validation using Regular Expression.
- Understanding Domain Classes vs ViewModel classes.
- Model Binding & Mapping.
- Creating a Layout View (Master Page)
- Creating CRUD Views (without using the scaffolding wizard).
- Forms Data Persistence.
- Pagination logic.
- Data Seeding Initializer.
- Create the Entity Framework (EF) Core Context.
- Using EF Core to initialize the database.
- Configure EF Core to use SQL Server.
- Configure connectionStrings in AppSetting.json file (for both local and remote SQL Server Databases).
- Security - Preventing Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks, Identity, Authentication & Authorisation.
- Data Migration from SQL Server LocalDb to Azure Cloud SQL Server.
- Deploying Application to Azure Cloud.
- Pushing to final Source Code to a Remote Repo (github.com)
Everest is a Software Engineer in the city of London.
Agile Certified, awarded by DSDM Consortium.
MSc Software Engineering awarded by Kingston University, UK
BSc (Hons) Computer Science (1st Class) awarded by Plymouth University, UK